Tuesday, February 2, 2010

What IS Politics?



I often wonder what politics is all about?
Well .. I did want to know about it in detail but my mother dear did NOT let me take Politics as a major ! )= She said its a bad field.

What is the definition of politics? Or rather, what do WE think Politics is ? We think of it as something bad, something evil , something that is ruining our society.
Sadly, I think, THIS is the case in India. Not that I'm against our system .. or maybe I just am. FINE. ¬_¬

I feel .. India .. needs more of YOUTH in the system than the oldies sitting there and THINKING more than TAKING ACTIONS. I am aware of the fact that older people have more experience and blah blah blah BUT its high time that some serious stuff is done!

We don't need really rich people in politics ( it just won't help!)
We don't need really poor people in there ( well, MONEYYYY ! )
We don't need really old people there ( omg ! I am elected !!!I'm soo happy I'm
jumping !!! -3 hours later, BREAKING NEWS- ''Mantriji ki sadme ki wajah se maut!'' ~~END OF STORY~~)

We don't need really young people ( They'll prolly start KILLING the corrupt
minsters! Not that its a bad idea or something but the death toll would just increase! )

We don't need really religious/holy people ( well .. break the mosque, make a temple! break the temple, make a church! , break the church, make a gurudwara and again and again ! *phew*)


We don't need really famous celebs ( we're voting for a government and not
any movie awards ! )

All we need is COMMON people. People who can understand other people. People who won't stand in elections to get famous or to attain fame but people who really want to do something for their country. People who still love their country.
We need people ..
who believe that HUMANITY comes before any other religion.

Where are these people ??
x



4 comments:

Koushikr said...

What do you mean by "common" people? They must not be old, young, rich, poor according to you, eh? So are you hinting at middle-class-middle-aged person to be in that zone?

And, I don't really think, India at this point in time is not politically unstable and youth won't just plunge in, they have to be driven not by others, but by their own motives that are independent and discrete. It's perhaps the lack of significant understanding on Indian politics or the rush of young 'blog' blood that's pumping you towards criticism. :P (Pun intended)

All in all, nice one. Keep 'em coming

Koushikr said...

And dont visit my blogger yet. I'm still porting, it's under construction. :P

I'm still on www.kousikr.co.cc/blog

Devilish Princess said...

yes.. the aam janta .. the MANGO people =p (lameness at past 6 in the morning is acceptable ? =p)

and NO .. its not the .. 'blog' blood .. its been in my head like since ages.. but I LOST my blog ! S= *embarrassed* pfft ! x

Koushikr said...

No no no. I dint mean any offense. In fact, that post was nicely knitted. Keep 'em coming. Nice to be reading these sort of write-ups.